Weather

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vintage Tea Party photo shoot fundraiser to be held this weekend

Mill Canyon Photography image
Jenny Vandersteen of Mill Canyon Photography is holding an event on Friday June 14 and Saturday June 15, intended to raise awareness for rare diseases. According to Vandersteen 20% of the profits from the event will go towards research, and a special little girl will get a free photoshoot and photos.  She's planning to hold a similar event in September.


"I do several mini sessions a year, but all are just photos," explained Vandersteen.  "I was trying to think how can I do a photo shoot, but make it something more. I just look at how lucky I am, and my kids, and feel so much empathy for those parents, families and kids that have much more to worry about than I do! This triggered my idea of making the photo shoot an awareness event."

"Thinking about how I can help, or what I can give back that could be something unique, meaningful and special. I know it's not much, but it's something. To make a little girl feel special and beautiful, and to create a lastly memory for her and her family is my goal.....while creating awareness, understanding and support within the community at the same time."

Her selected charity for this event is Idic15 Canada, a Canadian Non-Profit Society which provides collaboration, advocacy and research to families living with Idic15, otherwise known as Chromosome 15q11-13 Duplication Syndrome.

The Vintage Tea Party themed 1 hour photo shoot is designed around little girls ages 0-15.

Call 403-432-1414 for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Comments are moderated before being published. Please be civil.

Infinite Scroll